Thursday, September 22, 2011

Is there a trick to closing the air filter housing on a 2002 Grand Prix?

A few months ago, I changed the air filter on my 2002 Grand Prix SE. No matter how hard I pushed and pulled, I could not get the housing to close properly. As a result, the casing is open on the bottom side about half an inch and you can see the exposed air filter. The top is closed with clamps.



I suspect that dirty air is now bypassing the filter and going directly around the filter and into the engine. Today, my check engine light went on and it won't go off. I'm think that this might be the cause.



Is there a trick to getting the cover to close? This is really frustrating. Any tips would be appreciated.



ThanksIs there a trick to closing the air filter housing on a 2002 Grand Prix?take the clamp from the motor loose and pull the tube leading to the air box off of the engine. unclip the housing and position it. you also may need to take the wires and hose off the side of the tube to allow the box to move a little more freely. start at the bottom corners and slide them in at an angle. once they have slid into place close the housing and latch it shut. make sure to hook up the wires and hose to the tube and the tube back to the engine. hope this helps.