Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I minimize the dustiness of my home?

It seems like I have to dust twice a week (or sometimes more)! And it's really beginning to bug me - I've already changed the air filter in my home and it isn't helping much - how can I minimize the dustiness?How can I minimize the dustiness of my home?If you live in a high traffic area like a main road or highway, you're going to have more dust than if you didn't.



Here's what I suggest:

Try using the hepa filter type air filters. They're white and pleated instead of the blue fiber type, that helps. They say to change this type every 60 to 90 days, I change them every 30 days.



You may also consider having one of those duct cleaning companies come in and super clean your duct work. They have these machines that literally suck everything out of there, and I think they steam clean them too, which can cut down on mold spores, etc.



Vaccuum your furniture, rugs, and carpets regularly. I've discovered that this is key. Do it even if they don't appear dirty, and get a good quality bagless vaccuum that has filters.



I use a product called Liquid Gold to dust with. I've noticed that dust doesn't settle back on the furniture as quickly as when I use lemon oil. You can get it at Walmart or Kmart.



You may also want to check the weatherstripping around windows, doors, even an attic access. If you don't have screen doors to the outside in addition to your entry doors, you might want to get them. They offer a little bit more protection from the outside elements and debris, not to mention making your home more energy efficient.How can I minimize the dustiness of my home?Leave the fan on the AC/furnace on more often and change the filter more frequently.How can I minimize the dustiness of my home?there are special furniture cleaning liquids that do that for you because if you use simple dry or wet mops the dust will just keep sticking to itHow can I minimize the dustiness of my home?WalMart has portable air cleaners with HEPA filters which are low maintenance and work in any home.How can I minimize the dustiness of my home?where is the dust coming from? are your windows well sealed? doors tightly closed. i know people have mentioned keeping your filters cleaned. change the bag in your vacuum often, use the dustclothes that trap dust not scatter it, same for the polishHow can I minimize the dustiness of my home?One more thing, add mats and rugs to all your entries and vacuum regularly. 90% of the dirt (which can become dust) in homes comes in on people's shoes.