Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I adjust the air/fuel mix on my carburetor? I have an '87 dodge truck with a 6 cylinder engine.?

I just bought this truck and everything is fine but it has a tendency to stall and flood, I did change the very dirty air filter, and that seemed to help some, but I think the air/fuel mixture is way too rich what is the best way to adjust this? This truck is still %26quot;old school%26quot; no fancy electronics or on board computers etc.How do I adjust the air/fuel mix on my carburetor? I have an '87 dodge truck with a 6 cylinder engine.?This old carburetor more than likely needs a rebuild more than adjustment.How do I adjust the air/fuel mix on my carburetor? I have an '87 dodge truck with a 6 cylinder engine.?One at a time screw in till it wants to stall and back it off a littleHow do I adjust the air/fuel mix on my carburetor? I have an '87 dodge truck with a 6 cylinder engine.?type that into search box



how to adjust carburetor

How to adjust air/fuel carburetor

how to rebuild carburetor



really not much to themHow do I adjust the air/fuel mix on my carburetor? I have an '87 dodge truck with a 6 cylinder engine.?if it,s flooding then it,s not the mixture. it sounds to me like the float is set too high or it,s heavy and letting too much gas pour into the bowl. it also could be a bad needle valve seat in the carburetor. what you need to do is write down the number off the carburetor and get a kit for it. your trouble is inside the carburetor unless your choke is closing up on you.How do I adjust the air/fuel mix on my carburetor? I have an '87 dodge truck with a 6 cylinder engine.?Hello Trashman,

At the bottom of your carburator you will find two set screws with springs on them, one is air mixture and the other is fuel....those are the two you adjust by screwing them in and then backing them off 3/4 turn. OR JUST TILL IT SOUNDS GOOD WITHOUT STALLING AND WILL IDLE. Hope this helps....How do I adjust the air/fuel mix on my carburetor? I have an '87 dodge truck with a 6 cylinder engine.?the easiest way is to have the truck running and screw the adjustment screw in one at a time until the engine starts to stumble and then back the screw out one full turn, do this to both screws and then turn the idle screw on the linkage until the RPM reads 1,000 RPM and your done, if you still have problems the carb probably needs rebuilt, don't forget to change your fuel filter too.How do I adjust the air/fuel mix on my carburetor? I have an '87 dodge truck with a 6 cylinder engine.?First, find the numbers on the air horn and write them down. They will either be stamped or on a tag. If it is not a Holley carb, then you might find the tag on the bowl assembly. Take this number down to your local parts store and buy a rebuild kit, a can of carb and choke cleaner and some rags. Buy two cans, just to be sure. Make sure the kit you buy has a float and needle valves. Get a scotch-brite pad. Pull the carb and rebuild it. Take pictures of it as you disassemble in order to be sure of reassembling it correctly. While putting it back together, you will notice two needle end screws that go into the throttle plate body at the bottom front of the carb. Run these all the way in and then back then out half a turn and then put the carb back on. Start the truck and fine tune the mixture with those two screws until it runs smooth. Then adjust the idle with the screw on the side where the linkage is.