Monday, October 24, 2011

Problem with my Ford...Please HELP with any ideas!?

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer. I was driving down the interstate today and it just quit, I pulled over and blue smoke came out of the hood. I try to start it back up and it will start to crank but will not start. I just got the oil changed about 3 weeks ago, with an oil filter, and air filter change. A few days after the oil change it did start to knock a little bit. My ex-husband took out the thermostat some time ago if that matters. I am a single mother of 3 and cannot afford much, I've had it towed to my home, but any insight of what the problem could be so I can get an idea of how much its gonna cost would be great! Thank you so much!Problem with my Ford...Please HELP with any ideas!?I'm sorry to say but it does sound like either a lose oil plug or oil filter has caused major failure. The only other thing it may be, possible leak from thermostat housing, If it got hot from lack of water then it MAY be fine. Good luck, So Sorry !Problem with my Ford...Please HELP with any ideas!?that's why ford stands for Found On Road: Dead



blue? maybe the alternatorProblem with my Ford...Please HELP with any ideas!?an 1998 ford will probably cost you around 5,000 to 7,000 thousand $Problem with my Ford...Please HELP with any ideas!?Wow it could be many things. Fuel pump comes to mind. You need to have it tested too bad you did not have it towed to a shop that could test it. Ask your friends if they know an expert that they really really trust that could test and find out what the problem is.



I bet it is the fuel pump, however do not pay to have anything replaced as far as parts go until the test really shows what part is really bad. They will replace all kinds of parts without a test that cost all kinds of money. They will tell you that it helped and that the parts were almost shot anyhow. $1,200.00 later they will replace the $60.00 part that caused the problem!



Best of luck!

PeterProblem with my Ford...Please HELP with any ideas!?the thermostat has nothing to do with. I am willing to guess that after the oil change you had a leak and now you have no oil in the drain pan. Have you checked the oil since the oil change? If it was low did you return to the garage that did it. The blue smoke is because you have either threw a rod or burnt a valve. Good luck and I hope this helps.Problem with my Ford...Please HELP with any ideas!?started to knock after oil change? I would assume not enough oil and you spun a bearing or some other interior engine part. if you can determine that the engine failed due to lack of oil you have legal recourse against the shop.Problem with my Ford...Please HELP with any ideas!?Too many possibilities to diagnose, but check the oil, you never know if the mechanic left the oil plug loose.



Why did I get a thumbs down?Problem with my Ford...Please HELP with any ideas!?i hate to say it but i got my money on a blown motor due to lack of oil/no oil. check the oil level and then check the oil filter and plug to see if they are on and tight.
  • network 2 computers for gaming
  • How to clearn a down comforter
  •