Monday, October 24, 2011

How can I get rid of this RINGWORM/DERMOPHYTES.?

HELP! I have been battling this nasty rash for 2 years. I adopted a cat who was being treated for ringworms. He was on oral antifungal meds. Well shortly after I got one on my chest. Went to the doc..it cleared up. About a year later I started really battling them. One tiny spot would pop up and I would rub prescribed cream on it. I know what to look for and feel for now. The cat was taken back to vet and tested..NOTHING. I was told to bleach my house...I do it about three times a week. DOUSING EVERYTHING in bleach and cleaning my cats toys. I literally clean my house from head to toe. I went to the dermotologist ..more cream. Changed air filters washed sheets towels etc. EVERYTIME I GET RID OF A BUMP..another one pops up. I have tried BLEACH ALCOHOL PEROXIDE TEA TREE OIL CREAMS LIQUID BAND AIDS VINEGAR ...and the list goes on and on. Been back to dermotologist and said prescribed me more cream. The things I try help the ringworn to dissappear but it comes right back in another place.WHAT CAN I POSSIBLY DO?!?! THIS IS STARTING TO CONSUME MY LIFE!How can I get rid of this RINGWORM/DERMOPHYTES.?It sounds to me that you are not totally eradicating the fungus when you are treating yourself. Remember that the dermatophyte infection is spread by spores that get onto your skin and then begin to %26quot;set up housekeeping%26quot; on your skin, and develop into the ringworm infection. When it is doing this %26quot;setting up%26quot;, it doesn't show itself as ringworm yet. Thus, by using the cream only on the spots that have shown up, you are probably missing the areas where the spores have landed on your skin, but have not yet shown up as ringworm. The best way to treat all areas, both those that are showing and those that are incubating, is to treat you with an ORAL antifungal agent, rather than just a cream. There are a couple of good ones on the market, but I have found that itraconazole works better for cat ring worm than terbinafine or ketaconazole. Perhaps your dermatologist would prescribe the oral treatment for you, rather than just a cream.How can I get rid of this RINGWORM/DERMOPHYTES.?I've done some research on Wikipedia and this is what I found....



Ringworm is a fungal infection of the skin in humans. Fungi are organisms that survive by eating plant or animal material. Those that cause parasitic infection (dermatophytes) feed on keratin, the material found in the outer layer of skin, hair, and nails. These fungi thrive best on skin that is warm and moist. It is estimated that in current times, up to twenty percent of the population is infected by ringworm or one of the other dermatophytoses. It is especially common among people who play sports, wrestling in particular. Fungi thrive in moist, warm areas, such as locker rooms and swimming pools, and in skin folds. The fungi may be present without any symptoms.



Advice often given to prevent ringworm includes:



* Avoidance of sharing clothing, sports equipment, towels, or sheets.

* Washing clothes in hot water with fungicidal soap after suspected exposure to ringworm.

* Avoidance of walking barefoot, wearing of appropriate protective shoes to the beach and flip-flops (thongs) in locker rooms.

* After being exposed to places where the potential of being infected is great [5], one should wash with an antibacterial and anti-fungal soap.



There's also some good information on this website about how one person with severe Ringworm finally beat it -- http://www.treatingringwormnaturalcures.com/?hop=info1htm