Monday, October 24, 2011

Has anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?

...do you feel it was worth it doing and made a big difference? How often have you had this done, and what is the recommended time the company tells you it should be done again.



I am asking in Seniors because I placed this in maintenance and home repairs and got one reply in well over 4 hours. I was wondering if it really helps that much. We do change our furnace/air filters every 8 weeks, some times sooner, even if they do not look as if they need it. I would like more than one answer in order to determine if this is something we need to have done. Our home is 41 yrs old. We have no way of knowing if it had been done previously. We do not see an over abundance of dirt on our filters when we change them.Has anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?My home is 20 years old so I had it done last year. I don't notice any difference. I think it was a waste of money and won't do it again. I change filter every month and that seems to work well.Has anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?It depends on who does it.

You must be sure it is a reputable company and ask for references.

I had it done because I was constantly sneezing (dust allergy) whenever the furnace or air conditioner came on, even with regular filter changes, and I was horrified at how much stuff was removed.

It did help with my sneezing.

So count me as one who thinks it is a good idea.Has anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?I had mine cleaned couple years ago. I don't know if it made any difference as my house is always dusty even after they cleaned the vents. We've had it done about 3 times that I can remember within a 30 years time span. If you do decide to have them done, make sure they don't punch holes in your furnace ducts like they did mine. The people that did it before didn't have to do this to clean the vents. I was very upset.Has anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?I have actually done the work In some cases it's too late to get it clean so you suction out all the loose stuff and seal the rest in with floor wax.

Do you have allergies? If so once a year. Yes it can make a big difference to some. None at all to others.

Watch them and make sure they do a good job. The technique is good but dependent on the person doing the work.Has anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?I believe that a good duct cleaning and a big Bull Ring in Old Mexico like the one behind the La Macarina Bar and Restaurant in Ciudad Acuna, Mexico across the Rio Grande from Del Rio, Texas are full of Bull Caca. I would save my duct cleaning money and spend it on Carta Blanca and Bohemia at the La Macarena Bar. O'leHas anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?It's a scam and a waste of money.There is nothing wrong with yours.



EDIT

I have been in the home repair business for 20 yrs and have never seen dirty a/c ducts and I have inspected hundreds of them.

The woman below me was told that by a person trying to sell something.Something that they don't need.Has anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?It does not matter how much dust you have in your ducts. The filter collects it before going back into you house. Most of the dust comes from static and does not matter, you never get all out. Even consumer critics agree.. it is a waist of money. Replace your filters only if they need to be replaced by looking at it. If you see light then they are still ok to use.Has anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?I knew someone in the business.

It is a scam.

Also, a few weeks ago, there was a warning on the news about a duct cleaning company.

They telemarket just to get in the home, to case the place for theft.Has anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?We have never had this done in any of our homes. This farm house we live in now is almost forty years old, I never thought of having the ducts cleaned just changing the filters. PoppyHas anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?no need if you change filters regularly. waste of money. be sure to use a quality filter such as the three month type.Has anyone had the professional air duct cleaning system done in their home and...?I have talked to someone who does that, he says he gets a huge amount of dust out of the ducts, he will show it to the homeowners and they can hardly believe how much comes out. He said that it helps on heating because when the heat comes on that dust buildup in the ducts absorbs the heat first before the heat can get into the home. There is also a chance of molds and mildew growing in the dust, even the black dangerous type can grow there (saw that on Oprah).



I haven't had it done here where I live, have lived here 6 years and probably needs to be done.
  • how do i fix my computer
  • copier request for information
  •