Monday, October 24, 2011

How much...................?

do fuel filters cost? Or I should say how much would it cost to have one put in? And if my filter is clogged can I f up my car by driving it?Sorry this is like my 5th time asking a car quesiton but I just don't know much and don't want to get ripped off. Also I know how to change an air filter is a fuel filter something I could do or does it envolve going into the gas tank?How much...................?Please add make model and engine size next time. Some fuel filters are in the gas tank and can cost $200 to replace. Most are easier to do, probably cost you $25 to $50 to change and the filter, about $15. I suppose the filter could wreck the pump but by that time the filter would be too clogged to pull the car out of the driveway.How much...................?filter itself

15 bucks

with labor



maybe 40?



and yes you can, it hurts the fuel pump

i would say its a littler harder

have to relieve pressure in the fuel lines

etc..