Monday, October 24, 2011

How much more b.h.p. will I get ?

By changing my air filter to an induction kit and puting a cat bypass on my mg zr 160 how much more b.h.p. will I get, I know were not talking about massive power gains I would be happy with between 10 and 15 but waybe thats even optimistic..By the way the only other none standerd part is a magnex back box ,thanks .How much more b.h.p. will I get ?You will gain very little there, your just tinkering on the edges, it will sound better and you may see a slightly better return on MPG but that's about it.

If you must do it then keep hold of your cat and re-fit about a week before your test comes up. How much more b.h.p. will I get ?You will see more of an hp gain with the cat bypass. The induction kit will help but may not really be noticed until way up in the higher rpms. As far as a horsepower gain goes from these mods alone I would think that it would be in the 7-10 hp range. Again most of the seat of the pants hp gain will come from the bypass of the cat. How much more b.h.p. will I get ?It's academic as your car will probably fail the emissions test at MOT.

If I wanted to increase the power output of my MG I would contact a tuning firm, such as Janspeed, and enquire about an exchange cylinder head or even just a performance camshaft. They will have BHP figures to quote. You are just dabbling. Your induction and exhaust mods will make the car sound nice. But noise is not synonymous with power. Whatever you do don't forget to tell your insurers as you will be paying premiums for nothing when it comes to a claim refused.How much more b.h.p. will I get ?in real terms about 7 bhp, removal of the cat will give most of it, the induction kits just make a din.



it will sound quick even if it doesnt go any faster!How much more b.h.p. will I get ?I believe that is illegal. I would be looking at having the head skimmed down to in crease the compression ratio.How much more b.h.p. will I get ?6 to 7 hp from the cat bypass, induction kit will be evident way up in the rpmsHow much more b.h.p. will I get ?bypassing the CAT is illegal. bhp gain will be about 10 hp.How much more b.h.p. will I get ?You should get about an extra 9.