Monday, November 22, 2010

I have an 03' Impreza (Bug eye type) and was wondering how do I change the air filter ?

I followed the instructions from the manual but it seem difficult to remove the casing on top of the engine? Or should I put more force in it? Seems rather difficult to change an air filter.I have an 03' Impreza (Bug eye type) and was wondering how do I change the air filter ?It can be a pain due to the AC line running across the firewall. Sometimes it is easier to take the whole air cleaner box off the throttle body,hose clamp and 2 10 mm bolts plus 2 vent hoses.jbpopem is right ,you can snake it out,but may be difficult going in if not careful.Also after you change and drive,if your hear a weird throaty sound you didnt get the bottom of the housing on right. Good luckI have an 03' Impreza (Bug eye type) and was wondering how do I change the air filter ?You have to remove the bolt on the drivers side of the airbox housing (10mm). Then unsnap the three clips around the airbox and push the rear peice from the top back towards the firewall then pull up. It pops in on the bottom. Ive found you can get the air filter element out without removing the whole back half but its just easier. The rest of the intake ducting pops off.
  • oily skin pimples
  • Queen duvet set on full bed
  •