Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change the air filter on my Goodman furnace?

I figure there's a slot or cover or something to pop off, I slide out the filter, slide in a new one of appropriate size... but where do they hide the thing? It's a recent model (can get it if needed) gas unit about a year old... on it's original filter though since I can't find where to change it.How do I change the air filter on my Goodman furnace?Take off the top and bottom door of the furnace. You'll need either a 5/16%26quot; nut driver or a slotted screw driver.



It could be behind the bottom door. If it's not there then it will most likely be in a Filter Grille in a wall or ceiling.How do I change the air filter on my Goodman furnace?Look for the air return. It is a most times a white louvered grill in the wall or ceiling. Flip the latches, flip door open and this should give you access to filter.