Monday, November 22, 2010

How do you change the air filter in my car?

I drive a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport AWD. I went to change the air filter, and, big as life, there is the housing staring back at me, right on top. HOW DO YOU GET THE COVER OFF!!!!? It's ridiculous! What was the point in making it that hard to do! Just put two clips, one on each end. I can't figure this monkey's puzzle out. I'm not a stupid man, please help.How do you change the air filter in my car?ok i belive ther is a box with a hose going into the air intake manifold, unbolt it at the front of box, then disconect any hoses conected to it, and remove, then after you take it out there is another box standing up that was conected to the box you just took out with the hose. on the back side of the lower box there are two clips that you unclipe then wiggle the case apart.



my mom has the crysler town and country and i'm pretty sure

that there set up the same



good luckHow do you change the air filter in my car?the point in making it THAT hard to do, is so that you will take it to the dealer to have it $erviced



LOLHow do you change the air filter in my car?You have to take the housing off . Underneath the housing you have to loosen a hose clamp as well as on the throttle body. the air filter is in a separate housing underneath that one.How do you change the air filter in my car?I don't know the placement on your car but by any chance are their screws holding the top of the housing for the air filter on. If not like the other guy said they do that to make you go to dodge and get ripped off for a 5 minute job. Good LuckHow do you change the air filter in my car?If I remember correctly there are four snap clips. Two on the side opposite of the tube going to the intake and one on each side perpendicular to it. You need to unclip all the clamps and slightly lift the cover while pushing it back towards the intake tubing.