Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change an air filter in my car?

I have a 92 Chevy lumina euro that needs a new air filter, well at least Im hoping that's all that I need. I need to put it on myself, is it easy enough? I'm not too experienced in the csr depsrtment.How do I change an air filter in my car?Why do you need to do it yourself?



I ask because, with something like this, unless you already have tools, knowledge, and an inclination to do the work, it's well worth having a pro do it.



Unless you already have tools, it's going to be cheaper (even though you can use the tools again and again) to just take it to a garage to do it.



But, if there's a good reason you need to do it yourself (e.g., you have a bet with someone that you can do it; it's a homework assignment), then by all means go for it.



The actual replacement isn't actually too hard. This is a part that's fairly accessible. If you're comfortable, say, with changing your own oil, then this won't be a huge thing.How do I change an air filter in my car?It's normally just a few screws, drop it in and screw the lid back on.



Pretty easy to be honest.How do I change an air filter in my car?the air filter should be by the motor and its not really that hard there should be a couple little srews or bolts on the big box that holds the air filter when u take them off pull the old filter out put new one in and then your doneHow do I change an air filter in my car?there is almost no way a dirty filter can get so dirty that [its all you need] what is your car doing?? 90% of time its an ignition problem ...9 % of time a fuel issue..other 1% otherHow do I change an air filter in my car?if it,s fuel injected then there,s a big nose coming off the throttle body. follow it and you will find a black box. the box has clips or screws. take them out and lift the lid up and there it is. if it has a carburetor or throttle body take the lid off the air cleaner and there it is.How do I change an air filter in my car?remove the air filter housing with a phillups screwdriver and take out the old filter and then put your new one in. it really is very easy