Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I change the air filter on my 2002 Grand Am GT?

I went to have my oil changed the other day and got suckered into buying a few new parts for the car (or at least the ones that sounded important). The man came back in to show me my air filter and asked if I'd like a new one, to which I said no. I figured I could save some money by going and getting my own, which I did. My new air filter is in the trunk of my car instead of the engine, because I don't know where to put it! I opened up the hood and saw a box which I figure it's in somewhere, but I'm not certain on how to get it open, and I don't want to break anything. HELP!How do I change the air filter on my 2002 Grand Am GT?That's correct. You did save money because they would of charged you labor. Anyways, that box that you think is where the filter goes is probably correct. there's no other black box under the hood, unless it's a battery cover, in which you'd figure that out once you took the cover off, that's if it even had a cover over the battery. But anways, that box will have some sort of snaps on the sides. More than liky 3-4 of them. You're going to have to open those, but just pushing them down. Sometimes it can be closed with screws. but I'm going to put money on it that there's just those hooks that you'll just pop off, and than lift up and you'll see your old filter under it, pull that one out, and replace the new one.How do I change the air filter on my 2002 Grand Am GT?mam i can assure this is the simplest thing to do on ure car, u wont brake anything......first off ure on the right track if u find a large big rubber hose leading into what looks like a black plastic box...of course inside lies the air filter, now u might require a simple tool as a flat head screw driver to unlock the top of this plastic box by the way there should only be 2 to 4screws holding in place....or might be something simple as 4 clip on locks....thats about it, make sure if u accomplish this to put everything back in place the same way.....woalllaaa u did it.....